Parents wishing to apply for their child to participate in the Anne Arundel County Public Schools preschool program can do so online for schools running programs on Tuesday, February 9, 2021 from 10 a.m.
Registration for all pre-school programs takes place online. For information on preschool programs in AACPS and to apply online, see www.aacps.org/earlychildhood.
Children enrolling at preschool age must be 4 years old on or by September 1, 2021. The following documents are required for the application and must be uploaded together with the completed online application:
- Proof of identification of the person submitting documents (must be a legal parent or legal guardian)
- The student’s original birth certificate or birth certificate
- A copy of the student’s vaccination protocol
- Two proof of residence (rental or mortgage contract and current electricity bill)
- Custody decision (if applicable)
Maryland’s public preschool programs are designed to improve the readiness of children who are economically disadvantaged or homeless to attend school. If there are still places available, schools can enroll students with other readiness needs. Those applying for a preschool garden for economic reasons are required to provide an income eligibility verification by submitting any of the following:
- Federal Income Tax Return (1040 Statement) along with documentation on other sources of income such as child support and / or rental income.
- Up-to-date award letter for the Temporary Cash Assistance or Supplementary Nutritional Assistance Program.
- Three consecutive pay slips.
- Proof of unemployment benefit.
Click for assistance finding your assigned school Find your school Link on the AACPS website, www.aacps.orgor contact the AACPS planning office at 410-439-5683 or [email protected].
Families who do not have internet access or who need additional assistance filling out an application should contact the school where they want to enroll their student. School staff can assist families in completing the online application.
For information about recommended vaccinations for children going to school, see www.cdc.gov/vaccines/.
Families with additional questions or individual concerns can contact the Anne Arundel County Public Schools Early Arhood Office at [email protected].