Individual taken into custody after shot fired in Waterville

Waterville Police Department officer Ryan Dinsmore walks down Yeaton Street Tuesday afternoon while collecting testimony after a shot is fired. Michael G. Seemann

WATERVILLE – Police say a person was taken into custody Tuesday after a shot was fired on Yeaton Street.

Nobody was injured, said Chief Joseph Massey of the Waterville Police Department at the crime scene north of Kennedy Memorial Drive.

Waterville and Maine State Police, along with crews from Delta Ambulance, gathered in the First Rangeway area after police received calls about gunfire at around 3:45 p.m.

“A gun shout went off near 68 Yeaton Street,” Massey said about an hour later. “Several officers replied and at the moment we are still trying to sort things out. Things are pretty messy. It looks like the parties could come from different residences. “

The police knocked on doors and questioned neighbors.

“We can confirm that a shot was fired,” said Massey. “We have someone in custody right now. We need to talk to this person. It is too early to say more about it. “

Local residents who apparently knew about the incident gathered on the street.

A woman arrived shortly after 4:40 p.m. and carried a crying child from the scene. A young man carried another child into a house. The young man told a Morning Sentinel photographer that someone pulled a gun at him.

Heather Doucette, who lives across from 68 Yeaton Street, said she heard popping and then screaming near that house.

“I thought it was a firecracker,” said Doucette, 44. “I saw the guy across the street freak out, so I opened the door and he went back to his house. You only moved in two or three weeks ago. “

Doucette said it appeared like someone in the neighborhood had fired the gun.


Hilton Bridge in Skowhegan closed due to structural and liability concerns

similar posts

Similar posts are loaded

Latest Articles

  • Companies

  • Local & State

  • Local & State

  • Times record

  • Companies

Comments are closed.