Pike Regional CAC hosts proclamation ceremony – The Troy Messenger

The Pike Regional Child Advocacy Center in Troy held a proclamation ceremony on Friday to recognize and celebrate the National Month for the Prevention of Child Abuse.

Kaley Green, Pike Regional CAC Executive Director, welcomed the meeting, which was attended by CAC board members, Kappa Delta Sorority and advocates for children in abusive situations.

“The past year has been challenging for the Pike Regional Child Advocacy Center as we have worked diligently to help the most vulnerable children and their families,” said Green. “Without the support of our staff, our board members, Troy City Council, the Pike County Commission, the Pike County Attorney’s Office, local law enforcement, the medical community, and Kappa Delta Sorority at Troy University. “

Green expressed his heartfelt appreciation and gratitude to all of them for the children and families they serve.

Robin Sullivan, President of the Pike County Commission, thanked Kelly and the CAC staff for the many services they provide to children in abusive situations and the families involved. He tabled a proclamation declaring April the month of April to prevent child abuse in the cities of Troy and Brundidge and throughout Pike Counties.

Assistant District Attorney Jon Folmar of the Pike County District Attorney Office recognized the contributions of the late Scherryl Harrison, a founding member, to the Pike Regional CAC.

Harrison was an abused child attorney in the 1980s before there was a CAC. She thought of the need for a center for abused and neglected children and was crucial in making it a reality in Troy.

Harrison’s life’s work pursued injustices in all matters involving child abuse, Folmar said

Temeka Teague presented a special reading, “Children Learn What They Live”, in memory of Harrison.

Members of the Kappa Delta Sorority presented the Pike Regional CAC with a check for $ 57,788.99.

Green thanked the Sisterhood for the very generous donation and longstanding support for the Sisterhood.

According to Green, 80 percent of the money raised by the sorority is donated to the Pike Regional CAC, and the remaining 20 percent goes to the Kappa Delta Foundation to support the national office of Prevent Child Abuse America for its national programs.

“At Pike Regional CAC, we can never be thankful enough for what these young women are doing to raise awareness about child abuse and support the services here at our center,” said Green.

Comments are closed.