Spring Hill City will begin exams for full-time cops. All test dates will be communicated by email after receipt of the complete applications. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
The City of Spring Hill offers equal employment opportunities to all applicants regardless of race, gender, creed, skin color, age, religion, national origin, physical impairment, or other non-meritorious factors. Minorities are encouraged to apply.
If you have any questions, please send an email [email protected] Please no calls. Please apply online at: https://www.springhilltn.org/FormCenter/Human-Resources-7/Employment-Application-42
- HS diploma or equivalent required
- MUST BE 21 years or older at the time of test
- MUST have a valid, unrestricted driver’s license
- MUST be a citizen of the United States
Disqualifications (including, but not limited to):
- Convictions, confessions of guilt or nolo contendere of a crime
- Condemning a crime of moral injustice
- Convicted of any federal, state, or local ordinance relating to violence, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, alcohol, or controlled substances
- Any violation of any national law, including protection ordinances
- Delinquent on child benefits, student loans, etc.
- DUI convictions or locking device required
- Dishonest discharge or equivalent from any armed forces
- Any visible tattoo, body art, or deliberate branding that is deemed offensive or provocative should be hidden from the public during the service. Tattoos, body art, or branding that are deemed offensive or provocative and cannot be covered are not allowed.
Applicants are required to undergo physical fitness tests, written tests, oral interviews, criminal background investigations, criminal and driving history investigations, fingerprints, medical exams, psychological examinations, and deception tests.
Non-certified or non-government certified candidates must have successfully completed the Basic Police Enforcement Police Academy or the POST Transition School within 6 months of being hired. Applicants must be able to work different hours and shifts, including 12-hour working days (6 am-6pm / 6 pm-6pm).
- Starting salary $ 18.99 / hr. With salary incentives for previously certified law enforcement experience and degrees related to criminal justice
- Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System
- Free 25,000 life insurance with the option to purchase additional plans
- Option for free family plan
- Dental and eyesight insurance offered
- Car to take away within a certain radius and after completing the first workout.
Uniforms and gear are then given a $ 500 clothing allocation
Applications will be accepted until February 19, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. CST.