four Killed, Together with Baby, In Mass Capturing At Workplace Constructing In Orange; Suspect In Custody – CBS Los Angeles

ORANGE (CBSLA) – Four people were killed, including a child, in a shooting in an office building in the city of Orange, authorities reported on Wednesday. Two other people, including the suspect, were rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

Police and detectives gather in Orange, California on March 31, 2021 to investigate a mass shooting. (Leonard Ortiz / Orange County Register / Getty Images)

According to the Orange Police Department, the suspect, identified as 44-year-old Aminadab Gaxiola Gonzalez, entered the office complex on the 200 block on Lincoln Avenue near Glassell Street around 5:30 p.m. and opened fire.

When the officers arrived, they found several victims, including four who had died from their injuries. A fifth person, a woman, was also shot and taken to hospital in critical condition.

Gonzalez was also shot and seriously injured. As of Thursday morning, it was unclear whether the suspect shot himself or whether he was shot by officials. He was hospitalized. Police said a firearm was recovered from the scene.

Orange police said the situation has stabilized and there is no threat to the public.

Authorities said Thursday that all of Gonzalez’s victims were known from either business or personal relationships, although the motive was not immediately clear.

Family members gathered at the site of the shooting on Wednesday night awaited news from loved ones, including Paul Tovar, who said his brother and niece worked in the building.

“I’m scared, I’m really scared,” he said. “I’m just trying to find out his welfare. He doesn’t answer the phone and neither does my niece. I’m pretty scared and worried.

“I wish I knew more,” he continued. “I went out and just prayed really hard.”

US Representative Katie Porter, whose district is Orange County, said in a statement that she was “deeply saddened” by the reports.

“I keep the victims and their loved ones on my mind as we continue to learn,” she said. “My team and I will continue to monitor the situation closely.”

Authorities said this was the city’s deadliest shootout since 1997.

Comments are closed.