New York Metropolis Baby Custody Attorneys Ethan Steward and Martin Mohr Clarify What a Father or mother Ought to Know A few Baby’s Passport

New York City child custody lawyers Ethan Steward and Martin Mohr release a news article ( explaining what a parent should know about their child’s passport. The lawyer mentions that summer travel is upcoming and children need their passports for travel. Some children may have a valid passport, while others may need to apply for their very first passport or reapply for an expired passport.

“It is recommended that regardless of whether travel is planned or not that every child who is a US citizen have a US Passport. If your ex-spouse or partner is the primary custodian by court order or agreement that party may have the passport in their possession. They should provide it to the requesting parent and not “unreasonable” withhold it from the traveling parent,” says the article from the New York City child custody lawyers.

The lawyers explain that it would be sad for the children to miss out on the trip because one of the parents decided to withhold the passport. It is important to ask for the passport and provide as many specifics as possible about the travel intentions. The best case scenario would be for the parent to provide a full itinerary of the travel to the other parent.

Attorney Ethan Steward adds that when divorced parents plan on going to travel with their children, they may have to adjust any parenting time schedule that will be affected by the travel period. Once the parents and the child returns from the trip, the passport must be returned to the parent who is in charge of keeping it.

“As an extra tip, I recommend making a photocopy of the passport. It will make replacement that much easier if it is lost or misplaced. But what if this is the first time you are applying for a passport. The easiest and quickest way to apply for a passport is for you and your ex or partner to go together to the local post office or passport center. But what if one party is not willing to apply for a passport? The applying party will need to fill out the DS-11 form (passport application),” attorney Martin Mohr says.

Lastly, the lawyer emphasizes the importance of having a skilled child support attorney when dealing with matters such as child custody and visitation. A skilled lawyer may be able to help the parents understand their roles and responsibilities in the divorce and help them come to a favorable agreement.

About New York Family Law Group

New York Family Law Group is founded by attorneys Martin Mohr and Ethan Steward. Combined, the lawyers have over 30 years of experience in dealing with New York family laws. They aim to give their clients skilled representation and educate them about their rights while navigating the complicated terrains of family law-related matters. Contact them today at (718) 293-1542 to schedule a consultation.

New York Family Law Group

910 Grand Concourse Suite 1F, The Bronx, NY 10451, United States

(718) 293-1542


For more information about New York Family Law Group, contact the company here:

New York Family Law Group
Martin Mohr
[email protected]
New York Family Law Group
910 Grand Concourse Suite 1F, The Bronx, NY 10451, United States

Comments are closed.